You’ve put every effort into making sure your wedding day is as perfect, special, and memorable as it can possibly be, from the invitations and the venue to the bride’s gown and the food. Music is a major part of this all-important day, from your grand entrance to the reception entertainment, and most especially for your first dance. But how will you choose the right first dance song?
If you and your betrothed already have a favorite special love song, then the choice may be easy. But if not, you may need some inspiration. Here, we’ll review a list of the top wedding first dance songs that maintain popularity year in and year out. Hopefully, looking through this list will help you decide what song you want to accompany this special part of your wedding celebration. Our list has songs from a wide range of genres and decades and is representative of some of the most frequently requested first dance songs that wedding DJs play.
Top 15 Wedding First Dance Songs
Without further ado, here are our top 15 first dance songs:
- All of Me — John Legend, 2013
- Wonderful Tonight — Eric Clapton, 1978
- Marry You — Bruno Mars, 2011
- The Way You Look Tonight — Frank Sinatra, 1964
- At Last — Etta James, 1961
- Marry Me — Train, 2010
- What A Wonderful World — Louis Armstrong, 1967
- Can’t Help Falling In Love — Elvis Presley with the Jordanaires, 1961
- A Thousand Years — Christina Perry, 2011
- God Gave Me You — Blake Shelton, 2011
- I’m Yours — Jason Mraz, 2008
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing — Aerosmith, 1998
- Just The Way You Are — Bruno Mars, 2010
- Everything — Michael Buble, 2007
- Amazed — Lonestar, 1999
Choosing the Best Song For Your First Dance
When planning for your special day, this list could help you find the perfect first dance song for your wedding. But if not, don’t worry. If nothing here really seems to appeal to you, you are sure to find something from the literally thousands of options available to you. Your wedding DJ can make suggestions and let you review a list of songs from which you can choose. And If you already have a special song in mind, chances are very good that your DJ already has it or can get it for you.
Choosing a DJ
While the song itself will make your first dance truly special, don’t forget the matter of who will be playing it. An elite wedding DJ, such as those available from Groovy Sound Productions will make sure your first dance—not to mention the music played during the ceremony and afterwards—is truly and completely perfect. To book our DJ services for your upcoming wedding, give us a call today.