We’ve all heard the old classic wedding processional songs a thousand times, and as great as they are (they’re overused for a reason), sometimes you just want something fresh and new for when you walk down the aisle. We’re seeing a higher trend of using modern music to mark that solemn moment, and various songs have become favorites as the perfect procession song for the occasion.
Here, we’ve picked 15 of the most popular modern songs for wedding processionals that are sure to evoke feelings of love and joy (along with at least a few tears):
- “The Only Exception,” by Paramore
- “All of Me,” by John Legend
- “Marry You,” by Bruno Mars
- “Love on Top,” by Beyoncé
- “Only You,” by Joshua Radin
- “When I Said I Do,” by Clint Black and featuring Lisa Hartman Black (his wife)
- “Over the Rainbow,” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (the sweet tropical sounding one)
- “Beneath Your Beautiful,” by Labrinth and featuring Emeli Sandé
- “Rose’s Theme,” by James Horner and The Studio Sound Ensemble
- “I Was Married,” by Tegan and Sara
- “Sweet Disposition,” by Temper Trap
- “Real Love,” by Beach House
- “First Day of My Life,” by Bright Eyes
- “The One,” by Kodaline
- “Home,” by Phillip Phillips
Each of these songs will add a modern touch to your wedding procession, and they can give the same emotional punch that classical songs would provide. At the same time, these can be a great way to break from the norm and stir things up a little for your wedding, especially if it would fit with the overall vibe you’re going for.
Of course, choosing a processional song that fits your wedding’s tone is just one part of planning the event. You’ll want an experienced professional to handle the actual playing of that song as well as other music throughout the evening. Choosing the right Dallas wedding DJ is key to making it a night everyone will remember fondly. Groovy Sound Productions can provide professional wedding DJ services in Dallas-Ft. Worth that will set the right mood for every stage of the celebration.