Finding the perfect song for your wedding’s first dance takes some research. Not only should it magnify the magic of the moment by its sheer beauty, it should also reflect how you feel about each other. If you have no such song in your mind, you can always take inspiration from celebrities. Here are seven beautiful songs that some of today’s top celebrities danced to on their wedding days.
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin: This Hollywood power couple danced to the tune of “Why shouldn’t I?” by Cole Porter when they tied the knot in 2014. One look at the lyrics makes it obvious why they chose it. It has the perfect lyrics for Clooney’s lifelong search for the perfect life partner. After all, when you find the love of your life, why shouldn’t you?
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel: When the singer-turned-film-actor married the beautiful model-turned-actress Jessica Biel after a whirlwind romance, they chose the song “A Song for You” by Donny Hathaway for their first dance. With lyrics that say, “I love you in a place where there is no space or time,” it’s not hard to understand why.
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan: Handsome hunk Channing Tatum and actress-businesswoman Jenna Dewan chose the song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole for the first dance of their wedding. You can imagine the blue skies, the brightness of the day, and what a wonderful world it was for them.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton: When the handsome prince, second in line to the British throne, married the love of his life, the couple chose “Your Song,” written by Elton John and sung by Ellie Goulding. It’s easy to see why. With lyrics that say, “How wonderful life is when you are in this world,” it’s the perfect song for a young couple deeply in love.
- Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher: When the American country singer, whose journey to fame began with a win on “American Idol,” married professional ice hockey player Mike Fisher, they chose the song “Love Never Fails” by Brandon Heath. You can imagine them humming, “Love is right here, love is alive, love is the way, the truth of life” as they danced looking into each other’s eyes.
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky: “The skies are blue, my heart was wrapped up in clover, the night I looked at you” are the lyrics of the Etta James song that former first daughter Chelsea Clinton and her investment banker beau Marc Mezvinsky played at their wedding. A beautiful song that speaks for two young people in love, you will simply love this song.
- Beyoncé and Jay Z: Often called the most beautiful woman in the world, singer and actress Beyoncé is married to the equally famous and successful rapper and businessman Jay Z. They chose Beyoncé’s song “Crazy in Love” for their wedding. For a couple that is rarely seen apart, it’s not hard to understand why they chose this song.
At Groovy Sound Productions, we have a very large repertoire of songs for every event, including weddings. When you use our wedding DJs, we will have virtually any song that is currently available at your disposal. We will work with you to develop a perfect wedding playlist to include (and exclude) music as you specify. Combining his talents as an A/V technician, announcer, music master, entertainer, and master of ceremonies, our Dallas wedding DJ will make it a night you will cherish for the rest of your life.