How We Work
Why You Should Hire Groovy Sound Productions for your entertainment…
Before your event…
- Meet the DJ before the event: Here is a novel idea. We have a Face to Face meeting with all of our clients when you hire us at least two weeks before the event. With Groovy Sound Productions you will actually get to meet your DJ before the event. We meet with you and provide a private consultation. We won’t drop a random DJ out of a plane at 30,000 feet that parachutes to your event or push some mysterious guy out of a van 30 minutes before your event.
- We listen to your needs, requirements and musical preferences.
- Custom Music-Throughout the years we’ve accumulated quite a library of musical assets. We should have the music you need. If we don’t have a specific song we’ll get it.
- Planning-We spend time planning each event. -When providing DJ services for weddings we often invest 10-15 hours on our client’s event. We spend time consulting, meeting, playing, setting up/taking down, working with your other vendors, coordinating the timeline, downloading and organizing custom music for your event (someone that charges you $200 or $300 often won’t spend that kind of time on your event).
- Coordinate with your meeting planner, venue, photographer, and caterer.
Pricing and doing business with Groovy Sound Productions…
- Flat Rate/All-Inclusive Event Pricing.
- No Bait and Switch. We won’t show you a low price and then charge you for things that should be included (Some of our competitors charge for requests from your guests, microphones, emcee services, backup equipment, set up and take down of equipment, if your event lasts more than 4 hours etc.)
- Professionally written agreement for services.
- 25% retainer will reserve your date immediately.
- Ask me for a copy of my “Cheap DJ-Not a Good Idea” article.
The day of the event…
- Arrive 1-2 hours before your event begins.
- Backup and redundant equipment onsite.
- An assistant DJ will help with the entire event.
- Coordinate and Emcee your event so it is worry-free for you.
- Backup DJs available in the event of an emergency.
Our Investment in our music and equipment demonstrates our commitment to quality…
- Groovy Sound uses High End Audio equipment from Pioneer, Bose, Denon, Technics, Rane, Apple, Macbook Pro, Shure, Mackie, Martin, Chauvet, and JBL. Equipment list available upon request.
- To provide the highest quality sound Groovy Sound Productions avoids lower cost equipment from Behinger, Gemeni, and B-52.
- We spend $5,000-10,000 annually on music and music videos that are purchased legally.
About Groovy Sound Production’s DJs…
- Approachable, honest, dependable, respectable, and flexible
- Fully Insured
- Ability to listen and communicate with our clients
- We can rock a party and we don’t need to be cheesy to do it